Prototypes: “a first, typical or preliminary model of something, especially a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied”.
You have a design for a fine mechanical part but you’d like to know whether it would work in practice.
The specialists at Bahrs would be pleased to build a prototype for you.
A standard part of the process of building a prototype is the joint investigation to discover whether the part can later be produced efficiently and effectively. It will also reveal whether the prototype will operate the way you visualized in practice. In short, building a prototype consists of more than just building a prototype.
Our talented and experienced engineers and designers can then ‘see’ the part and also ‘see’ how it should work, and most importantly, ‘see’ how to design it for manufacturability.
In doing this they go further than just building the prototype. They look beyond just the design and ‘see’ the part being manufactured and in end use so as to later build our own tooling in order to develop your design.
Precision is their passion.
That precision provides you with a vital advantage.
We invite you to experience for yourself what having Bahrs build a prototype can really mean for you.
Wire EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining)
- For prototype pieces, production items, repair of damaged die sections, and inserting new features.
- ELOX Machine for blind holes and for extracting broken taps.
Water Jet Machining
Water jet cutting allows the creation of prototype parts without the cost of tooling. This offers our customers:
- Parts performance assessment
- Flexibility of necessary changes before committing to hard tooling
- Production items using almost any material imaginable
- Prototypes (one piece to thousand of pieces)
- Titanium, Superalloys, Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Plastics, Kevlar, Fiberglass, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Hardened Tool Steel, Copper, Brass, Aluminum, Wood, Glass, Bullet resistant glass, Granite, Porcelain tile, Concrete, Ceramics, Plastic, and Foam rubber, Soft Rubber, Fiber-reinforced rubber and very hard rubber.